Re: MySQL licensing and OpenSSL linking issues

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Joe Drew wrote:

> On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 02:08  PM, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >> Except that the LGPL permits use of the code in ways that MySQL does
> >> not
> >> want to allow.
> >
> > Well, what do they want to allow, and what don't they want to allow?
>
> I think it's pretty clear they're looking for a Sleepycat arrangement;
> free for Free Software, go to them if you want alternate arrangements.

Whoa!  Is that the actual effect of the Sleepycat DB licence?  If so,
doesn't that violate DFSG#6?

Sorry if I've just put my foot in my mouth, but it *seems* obvious enough...

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16