Re: PHP-Nuke License Conclusion?

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 03:58:36PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> > On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:14:30AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > > Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

> > The message to which I am referring is:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00294.html
>
> The message to which *I* was referring was the one I quoted, which
> asserted that Debian does *in general* not recognize the possiblity of
> licensing a work under a patched-together license that consists of GPL
> plus additional restrictions (where "this License" is implicitly or
> explicitly understood to be interpreted to include the additional
> restrictions).

The message to which *you* were referring was a brief recapitulation, by
me, of a longer and more comprehensive analysis, also by me, in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00294.html>.

If you don't share my position, that's fine, but you haven't yet
articulated why.  Please address the arguments in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00294.html>
so that I can understand your perspective, and so that I can think of
some grounds other than contrarianism for people on this list to feel
that my position shouldn't be representative of the group.  (I am
accustomed to people hollering when I forward an argument that people
find objectionable, which didn't happen in the case of
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00294.html>.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "I came, I saw, she conquered."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      The original Latin seems to have