Re: If Debian decides that the Gnu Free Doc License is not free...

>> As far as I am concerned, I have no desire to have ReiserFS distributed
>> for free by anyone who removes the GNU manifesto or similar expressions
>> from Stallman's work (or my own) and redistributes it.  It is simply a
>> matter of respect that is due the author.
>
> Respect is due; but it is up to Debian to decide how to show respect.

To be clear, Debian isn't talking about removing the GNU Manifesto
from even a single package.  The only question is what permissions are
granted to Debian and its users.  That none of us have any intention
of taking advantage of freedom to injure the original authors of this
software does not prevent us from recognizing whether we have such
freedom.

-Brian