Re: Documentation licenses (GFDL discussion on debian-legal)

Martin Wheeler <msw@startext.demon.co.uk> writes:

> And to those who would say: "There's no difference between software and
> documentation" I would reply -- sorry, but you really know nothing about
> writing; specifically, _why_ writers write.

Documentation *must* change to adapt to software, if the software can
change.

I write free software *and* English prose, and I have made sure that
the English prose *is* freely modifiable, provided proper credit and
change notification takes place.