Re: one liner license, sufficient for DFSG?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:16:08AM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> 	An interesting side-anecdote.  I was talking to Bradley Kuhn
> last year sometime, and he says the FSF's folks had to laugh and agree
> that "DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT" is a valid Free Software license (I
> think they had received a submission with that string attached).  I
> suggested that perhaps a useful short license with indemnification of
> warranty could be "Do what you want, but it's not my fault!"

Yup.

Software under this license actually exists in Debian, as part of the
Window Maker package.

	Copyrights & Disclaimers
	========================

	Window Maker is copyrighted by Alfredo K. Kojima and is licensed
	through the GNU General Public License. Read the COPYING file
	for the complete license.

	The icons that are distributed with this program and were made
	by Marco van Hylckama Vlieg, are licensed through the GNU
	General Public License. Read the COPYING file for the complete
	license.

	The icons listed in COPYING.WTFPL and are distributed in this
	program and were made by Banlu Kemiyatorn (]d), are licensed
	through the "do What The Fuck you want to Public License". Read
	the COPYING.WTFPL file for the complete license.

	NeXT, OpenStep and NEXTSTEP are a trademarks of NeXT Computer,
	Inc.  All other trademarks are property of their respective
	owners.

	The authors reserve the right to make changes in the software
	without prior notice.

[...]

do What The Fuck you want to Public License

Version 1.0, March 2000
Copyright (C) 2000 Banlu Kemiyatorn (]d).
136 Nives 7 Jangwattana 14 Laksi Bangkok
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

Ok, the purpose of this license is simple
and you just

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    A celibate clergy is an especially
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    good idea, because it tends to