Re: GPL compatibility of DFCL

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:43:17PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Hmm, probably want to extend that to include the LGPL.
>
> > > The idea being that you can't take a DFCL-licensed work, cram it into a
> > > piece of software, and then suck it back out into a data file without
> > > having to restore the Endorsements section.

Do you *really* need to allow the doc to be distributed under the GPL?
If the FSF don't believe it's appropriate for docs to be GPLed, then
surely they don't regard it as essential that docs contained within a
package of GPLed software be GPLed?

Essentially what I am getting at is the fact that just because a doc and
a program are shipped in the same tarball, does this really mean that
you need to try to cover them with the same license?

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
You will soon forget this.