Re: debian-legal list entry - confidential information disclosure

    Branden> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:08:25PM -0500, Sam Hartman
    Branden> wrote:
    >> I'd argue that the disclaimer only matters if the person posted
    >> the content to the list themselves rather than have it
    >> forwarded and even then possibly only if they knew it was a
    >> list.  =20 I believe Thomas had an excellent explanation of
    >> what to do in this situation.

    Branden> I'm opposed to us practicing Stalinistic revisionism on
    Branden> our list archives.

Me too.  However I don't think it's worth getting slapped with a
copyright lawsuit over.  If someone actually bothers to present us
with a proper DMCA copyright violation notice I think we should comply
and remove the content from servers we control unless we have legal
advice telling us it's fair use or OK for some other reason.