Re: debian-legal list entry - confidential information disclosure

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:08:25PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd argue that the disclaimer only matters if the person posted the
> content to the list themselves rather than have it forwarded and even
> then possibly only if they knew it was a list.
>
> I believe Thomas had an excellent explanation of what to do in this
> situation.

I'm opposed to us practicing Stalinistic revisionism on our list
archives.

If party X posts information on our mailing lists that party Y didn't
want the world to see, party Y's beef is with party X, not us.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You don't just decide to break
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Kubrick's code of silence and then