Re: Intel's drivers license

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> wrote:
> I'm still confused by how Intel's permission - however limited - might
> prevent Debian from doing something that Debian would be happy to do
> if no permission were given.
>
> Usually Debian ignores patents unless there is a threat of legal
> action. If this communication from Intel is a threat, it's a very
> veiled one!

Ok, I've changed my mind.  As you noted, Debian has, in the past,
routinely ignored patent issues unless they are a real threat.  If any
patent that applies to this software becomes troublesome, then we'll
have to move it to non-free.  For now, it can go into main.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu