Re: Intel's drivers license

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:22:00AM +0100, Sunnanvind Fenderson wrote:
> I agree, that would be better. This is a lot more restrictive. I'm
> still not sure that it's GPL-incompatible or DFSG-nonfree, though. It
> *is* an added permission rather than added restrictions, right?
> What does the GNU folk say?

If you license a patent, it needs to be to all users of the software,
without strings attached. Since someone who hacks part of the driver into
their favorite text editor would still be a user of the software, they need
to be included too. If they're not, then strings are attached.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@ristuccia.com