Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 05:43:10PM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 29, 2002, at 03:56 PM, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > Extending it to absolute urls
> >would probably work, but has the serious problem that you can
> >only point to
> >one mirror, and not let the user choose, so I don't like that at all.
>
> Leave it as a relative URL (or is it just package name, don't
> remember), and then let apt-get pick the mirror of its choice.

Pick the mirror by what means?  I think a fundamental problem here is that
if you add normal Debian mirrors to apt's configuration file, apt will know
about those packages the FSF wants to avoid to include in the first place.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de