Re: Cc'ing people on mailing list posts

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 06:15:09PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> > > Yes it was.  With my followup to your mail.
> >
> > Anthony said "It's you that's violating list policy."  It wasn't me,
> > it was Henning Makholm.
>
> "I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST; DO NOT CC ME ON REPLIES, YOU FILTHY SWINES."

Oh, but that's fine, if abrasive.  In fact, you seem to be using
Mail-Copies-To and X-No-CC, and gnus does seem to support one or both
of those.  So that'll make it easy with your emails.  Maybe Anthony
Towns will add those; that will make it easier.

Indeed, perhaps lists.debian.org should automatically add them.  I'll
file a bug.

In any case, in-band transmission is surely going to be more
reliable.  Headers are mostly directed at email software, in band at
users, so if you want the user's attention, a (polite) reminder would
do the trick.

> That's okay.  I'll turn the heat way the fuck up on all future flames of
> you that I write, so that I can be sure you know you're being flamed.

How about the idea that flaming is entirely counterproductive?