Re: License issues with fortune packages?

* Joseph Carter

| On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 03:05:16PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
| > Probably all would be good with proper attribution, but I'd keep them in
| > non-free if I were you (proper attribution does NOT release you from
| > copyright restrictions, it just enhances the "fair use" claim).
| Fair use is fair use, and therefore not subject to restrictions.
| The collection may be under Copyright, but I would hope a fairly liberal
| license.

Actually most of them doesn't have a license, though I don't think
it will be a problem to get a proper license on them, but I wanted to
check the legalness with you before contacting the authors etc.

So, it's ok for them to go into main?

(Please keep me on the Cc list)

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.