Re: wxWindows licence

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 11:56:08PM +0100, Diana Galletly wrote:
> Or even, potentially, GPL, if rumours about future releases of Qt turn
> out to be true, and I finally get on with writing the wxQt port.

If you think Troll Tech would be happy with such a development (and regard
not it as competition with their version of Qt for Win32), then I urge you
to contact them and them know of your intentions.  It's important to get
them associating "GPL compatibility" with "more mindshare" -- especially so
since I honestly believe that will prove to be true.

On the other hand, if you think they WOULD be unhappy with the development
of wxQt, please keep quiet so they're not discouraged from putting Qt under
a proper license.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |     I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                |     above, but it is too long to fit into