Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 12:56:58PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> >     I thought rather about a set of tools that put together will make
> >     a web browser. This will be :
> >
> > That sounds like the Unix design approach.  I tend to think that this
> > approach would be more work, and would result in something not as easy
> > to use.
>
> Will be surely very easy. User wont even notice how it is built.
> Only internal design will be completely against Netscape's.
> Even MS went in direction Im suggesting, so the have better browser than
> Netscape has.
> Modulization means:

I'm sorry to burst a bubble, but I don't think you've done much research,
Tomasz.  There are many (more than a dozen) browser projects out there.

Almost all of them are based on the principle you outline; which is no
surprise, what you're saying is just common sense, especially since we're
in the position to learn from netscape's mistakes.

Even mozilla is modular.

Check out mnemonic, for example. www.mnemonic.org.

Jules