Re: Corel's apt frontend

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> However, of course, lib-apt isn't the only thing that is bound
> together at run-time with Qt in this program.  dpkg is too - the fact
> that the interface is program call rather than dynamic linking is an
> irrelevant technical detail.  (This case seems similar to the one

This is plain stupid.

It would make it impossible to run GPLed software from any propitary
shell implementation except maybe /bin/sh. I have non-GPLed sh, csh
and a ksh on this system and only one of them can be called "a major
component" of the system.

Give a hour and I probally can make a better example.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.