Re: Non-EU?

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> So how about that non-EU section?

The fundamental difference between the non-EU section you propose and
the non-US section is that most (all?) of the packages in non-US were
legally usable everywhere; however, due to draconian crypto laws, they
could not be *exported* from the US.  I'm not sure if Debian would
support a section that could not legally be used by such a large portion
of its target audience.

However, you are correct in that many (nearly all?) of the wordlists
included in Debian right now are of questionable legal status in the EU.
It would be much more ideal to correct the EU's brain-dead laws, but I
doubt that will happen anytime soon...

--
Curse my natural showmanship!