Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use - Suggestion

On 25 Mar 2021 18:01:14 +0000, ael <law_ence.dev@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use - Suggestion
>
>     To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
>     Subject: Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for
> use - Suggestion
>     From: ael <law_ence.dev@ntlworld.com>
> [🔎] CAEG4cZVFtVt-7ykjGhvtNzXRti-RJ045bQGpB9w3QpiMzAXXEQ@mail.gmail.com>

 ...		...	[snipped]	...		...	[snipped]	...		...

> You really need to learn how to read files yourself.

At the backdrop of a difficult national situation, we don't have sufficient
institutions nearby from which to learn reading the man pages and the
Linux command line system. Man is like a jigsaw puzzle, without
example codes, written by aspergers afflicted.

I have found a book, The Linux Command Line A Complete Introduction,
2nd Ed, William E. Shotts Jr.  Problem is that without a teacher, I
don't know where to begin. So I am reading from the beginning.

>> The alsa-info file is attached herewith for your kind perusal. I am
>
> I have only taken the briefest of glances. 	...	[snipped]	...		...

Please have a look in depth ...

> 	...	[snipped]	...		... I am afraid that I know
> nothing of pulseaudio, and since it is installed and doing something to
> the ALSA system, I cannot help. Someone else here might be able to assist.

I have told you that I have no qualms in removing it, if everything it
does could be done from the command line with alsa. In fact, removed
it. But alsa is so limited to terminal. Man page. Complex codelines.
Setting up duplex playback-recording simultaneously is a real pain
with man pages.

> I was bit surprised to see the codec shown as "Realtek Generic" without
> identifying the particular chip: perhaps I missed that.

All information that you want of the card are on these threads:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=149074, the alsa-user list:
https://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33005.html
and the debian-user list:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/03/thrd2.html#00669

If desired, i could copy outputs to the Google Drive link.

> I see
> name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
>                 value.0 0
>                 value.1 0
> which suggest that the speakers are "off". Maybe that is how pulseaudio
> leaves them? But if you have been trying to get sound to the speakers,
> that looks like the first place to start. If you didn't have pulseaudio
> there, I would tell you to read the man page for alsamixer.

Exactly where to begin from, and where to look at, any inputs?

Best.
Rajib