Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use - Suggestion

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 07:10:08PM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> Were you talking of card0 while talking about cardn?

Among any others. "n" was to be understood as a variable ranging over
integers.

> While files do you want to peruse more? Just inform and I shall upload them.

You really need to learn how to read files yourself.

> The alsa-info file is attached herewith for your kind perusal. I am

I have only taken the briefest of glances. I am afraid that I know
nothing of pulseaudio, and since it is installed and doing something to
the ALSA system, I cannot help. Someone else here might be able to assist.

But if you are trying to track down a problem, remove complications like
pulseaudio and then see whether things work. You can put it back later
if that is what you want to do: at least you will know that it is a
pulseaudio problem if that is the case.

I was bit surprised to see the codec shown as "Realtek Generic" without
identifying the particular chip: perhaps I missed that.

I see
name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
                value.0 0
                value.1 0
which suggest that the speakers are "off". Maybe that is how pulseaudio
leaves them? But if you have been trying to get sound to the speakers,
that looks like the first place to start. If you didn't have pulseaudio
there, I would tell you to read the man page for alsamixer.

ael