Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use - Suggestion

On 15/03/2021, James Henry McCoy Jr <spaceknight2@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Your sound card Realtek may have problems with frequencies. To solve
> install OSS. It seems that it is supported. Install and restart.
> If installation errors, try installing alsa-oss

...		...	[snipped]	...		...

> On Fri, 2021-03-12 at 15:12 +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
...		...	[snipped]	...		...

Thank you, Mr. McCoy, for replying to my request for solution. Could
you please elaborate a little more please? Like, what could be the
problems with frequencies? There are multiple 'oss' packages. A little
more details please?

Searched for oss in Debian package repository. It appears that
oss4-base isn't available in Debian Stretch or Buster. It is in Jessie
and Sid.

Did not reach the stage for alsa-oss. The package was however found.

Best.
Rajib