Re: Can't find libappindicator3-1 on bullseye!

On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 03:12:23PM +0800, 大将军王 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i installed yesplaymusic package that was  from github on my debian
> 11, and i got an error: Can't find the package  libappindicator3-1.
>

> I've checked the package from packages.debian.org, yes it is in buster,
> BUT, i can't find it in bullseye.

Hi,

Without looking into it, it sounds like you installed an already-built
binary package that was built for an earlier version of Debian. Well,
with time the Debian packages change, some are renamed, some get newer
versions.

You should either contact the authors and ask them to rebuild
the package for Debian testing/unstable, or try to build it yourself
from source, so that it picks up the necessary dependencies and
libraries.

Hope that helps!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13