Debian 8.8 in Asus X441SA

I have installed Debian 8.8 (dual boot with Windows) on my new Asus
X441SA laptop. The touchpad was not working in the graphical Debian
installer (nor is it working in my actual installed system). I installed
Debian with LXDE. I am getting some errors about hardware when Debian
loads. My screen resolution is much lower than should (definitely issues
with hardware not being recognized or drivers), the computer is not
nearly as responsive as I expected. How can I know what any hardware
compatibility issues I have, are all of these issues separate?
I have installed debian in all kinds of machines, I had never seen such
a bad situation after initial install,
please help!
thanks!