Re: Running Debian on a MacBookPro12,1

On Friday, 12 May 2017 15:18:30 CEST Josh wrote:
> On 5/12/17 2:34 PM, solitone wrote:
> > But is it really supposed to run
> > *continuously* for 8 hours? If this is the case, that means that debian
> > manages power much less effeciently.
>
> Did you install a power management program like tlp, XFCE-Power-Manager,
> upower, powermgmt-base, powerman, pm-utils, mate-power-manager,
> laptop-mode-tools, or gnome-power manager?

I use KDE's power manager, which turns off the screen and suspends the laptop
when not in use. This allows me to go around with my MBP all day on battery.
However if I used it continuously all the time it would never suspend, and I
think battery would last only for 5 hours or something. But, as I said, I
never measured it, so I can't tell for sure.