Re: speaker-headset volume balance

> Haines,
>
>> I'm running Jessie on a Thinkpad x250. When playing a DVD, I find the
>> speaker volume lower than I like and headphone at an intolerable high
>> level. If I bring volume down with pavucontrol or with the keyboard
>> volume controls, it is too low in the speakers. How do I increase
>> speaker volume while decreasing heatphone volume?
>>
>> Haines Brown

Michael:

> You can try alsamixergui (or any other alsa mixer) and hopefully see separate channels for those two (it's probably a long list of channels, scroll left and rught!). I'm not sure if the alsa settings are preserved to next boot but there should be support for this in the OS.

Yes indeed. Assuming you want the changes to apply for all users, do
this as root after setting your desired volume with alsamixer:

# alsactl store

Also, may be this is an obvious thing to say, but check that your
headphones are of the correct impedance.

Cheers,
Mark

[1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X250

--