Re: Home Directory in SSD

On 02/07/2016 03:50 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
If you have both an SSD and a HD in your machine, how about rsync or BTRFS
send and receive to regularily backup /home from SSD to HD?

With BTRFS on the HD, you can even snapshot your backup states and if you
accidentally delete a file get it back from a backup. I think I´d use it if
that laptop would still have an SSD.

Right now I use BTRFS RAID 1 on two SSDs for important data like the data in /
home:
Hi Martin,

I'm new to btrfs. Does this sync the /home in the SSD to HDD on the fly (like a periodic rsync), without me entering commands ? I need something that happens automatically and regularly.

For the time being, I am mounting a partition in HDD to /home until I find a better method.

Thanks,
Jos Collin