Re: Aw: Change home and root directories

On Sunday,  7 Feb 2016 at 00:22, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 05.02.16 22:29, Jos Collin wrote:
>>Yes, I have seen that option. But what about putting /root in another
>> disk ?
>
> Technically possible. But root's home directory (originally, "/" as
> root of the filesystem) was never supposed to be on different
> partition than root partition. We can understand an exemption when
> root partition is read-only, but i wouldn't do otherwise

I agree.

More to the point, do people really log in as root often, if at all?
With a properly configured sudoers file, there should seldom be a need
to log in as root.  Not never, of course, but with such infrequency and
so little disk use as to be negligible.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.16 + evil-git-ff74cfb