Re: problems with drivers and energy star ASUS N550JV

Hi,

On 10/11/2013 02:44 AM, jhonatanospina@hushmail.com wrote:
> I have problems with drivers for asus n550jv in debian wheezy 64 bit,
> debian installs normally but can not find some drivers as touchpad and
> illuminated keyboard, the battery of my asus n550jv down very fast with
> debian or some version of linux.
>
> Help me!
> I could do?
> asus n550jv comes default with windows 8 64 bit.

please open an terminal, and post the output of

lspci

and

lsusb

also, whats the problem? is the touchpad not working? or do you expect
it to work someway which it does not?

Also .. new hardware may require an newer kernel, did you try one of the
kernel of debian backport?

--
Florian Reitmeir
E-Mail: florian@reitmeir.org