Re: / directory is 100% full

Le 10/07/2013 04:17, Sumant Raykar a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Debian. I have Wheezy installed on my Thinkpad x230 laptop.
> My kernel is 3.2.0-4-amd64.
> The problem I am getting is that my "/" directory is 100% full. Because
> of this, I am unable to update my kernel as I get an insufficient space
> error. However, my hard disk has almost 300 GiB free.
[...]

What df tell you is that there is free space on several filesystems
(home...).
But your physical volume is full of logical volumes: no space left.

I would first suggest to obtain free space on the physical volume by a
lvresize of your home logical volume and then you might do a lvextend of
your root logical volume. It would probably be better to use a liveCD ou
liveUSB to do that on unmounted file systems.