Re: laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

I am afraid that if the firmware is already installed then maybe you
should try another kernel. If you go the backport way maybe it is
better if you try to update your kernel. Try the following

First thing is to make sure backports are  enabled:
Open up a terminal window

copy paste below:

echo -e " \n## DEBIAN BACKPORTS
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports
main contrib non-free\n" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

paste it in the terminal window by clicking your mouse middle button
press 'return' until you get the prompt.

Now type copy the following command to the terminal window:

apt-get update
apt-get install linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-686-pae

Reboot your system. There will be a new entry in your grub menu. Pick
the first entry- it will mention 2.6.39-bpo

Test if your wireless is working.

Report if where you get stuck. Unfortunately there might not be only
one solution in your problem....

Thank you,