Re: MiniSD or MicroSD

theNerd wrote:
Dear Debian Project,

I would like to purchase a Core i5 laptop with a MiniSD and MicroSD Card Reader. Please can you recommend which SD card I should buy so I can install Debian onto the card. This way, I can boot from the *card via the BIOS instead of the hard drive. Any form of assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

PS: May you provide me with installation instructions.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-e-series/vpcec1s1e-bj

I echo the thoughts of many who have already replied.

My Samsung netbook and my friends fujitsu and sony laptops won't boot of the built in card reader, My sisters Asus EeePC 901 will.

My i386 desktop Squeeze install on a 133x CF card is quite laggy, plus it's only 4GB so it's too small, according to wikipedia a 133x CF card is roughly equivalent to a class 20 sd card so go for a minimum of 8GB or 16GB and faster than that.