zgv: sometimes causes system hardlock

I'm asking for aid in triaging this issue to find out if a bug should be
reported, and if so, against what.

Occasionally, zgv will sometimes cause my laptop, an IBM ThinkPad T23
with video adapter [1] to hardlock. It will manifest itself as the
screen going either completely black, or a distorted version of the last
image I viewed. Sysrq magic will not help me get a functional system
back, nor will switching to a different VT. I've attempted to ssh into
the machine, without success, and it won't even reply to ping.

I have not been able to isolate what exact set of circumstances causes
the system to lock up: it appears to be at random at this point.

I have attempted to use chipsets VGA, S3, SAVAGE, and FBDEV all without
success -- all always produce unusable output. VESA is the only one that
at least has a visible picture.

Also below are my /etc/vga/libvga.config [2] and /etc/zgv.conf [3], both
stripped of all comments.

I'll also be grabbing a couple other svgalib programs in an effort to
eliminate zgv.

[1] 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: S3 Inc. SuperSavage IX/C SDR [5333:8c2e] (rev 05)

[2]
mouse IMPS2
mouse_accel_type	power
mouse_accel_mult	60
mouse_accel_thresh	4
mouse_accel_power	0.8
mouse_accel_offset	30
mouse_wheel_steps	18
kbd_only_root_keymaps
HorizSync 30 50
VertRefresh 56 72
chipset VESA
[/2]

[3]
visual off
mode-all-bad
mode-good 1024 768 24
mode-good 1024 768 16
mode-good 1024 768 8
viewer-start-mode 1024 768 24
fs-start-mode 1024 768 8
zoom off
centre on
force-viewer-8bit off
pgm-truecol off
[/3]

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ UIN: 43190205 | Mail/MSN/Jabber: BrianLRyans@gmail.com       ..: