Re: Laptop sound keys not working properly

Try adding these groups: dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev users scanner netdev powerdev fuse

The groups from the person who you asked them might not have the group responsable for keys.

If that doesn't work, try modifying the settings in System > Preferences > ... something keyboard shortcuts ... (sorry I'm a KDE user, former Gnome user).

Cya.