Re: Problem with screen resolution/monitor size

Loz <misterloz@gmail.com>:
>  On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Loz<misterloz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I recently reinstalled Squeeze onto my HP 2133. It detected the screen
> > resolution and monitor perfectly (it's the model with the 1024x600
> > screen size) and was working perfectly. I then installed NDISwrapper,
> > and got that working with my wireless network. I then rebooted.
> >
> > However, when X starts again, the screen resolution is all wrong. It
>
>  Any help on this? I've tried putting my own xorg.conf file (taken from
>  here -
>  http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/HP/HP2133#attachments)
>  but still no dice.
>
>  How do I force X to read the screen as a particular size?

There seems to be horrible breakage in the X-sphere lately.  xorg no
longer bothers to look for serial mice, for instance.  I suspect
excessive creativity, though I've yet to narrow down the source
vector.  Feaping Creaturism is the obvious culprit.  Well, and humans.