Re: Linux laptop Suspend / Hibernation development

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 01:27:15 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> Thanks Stefan for your reply.
>
> To answer my own question, here is what I discovered about suspend /
> hibernation evolvement in Linux laptop world.
>
> - the traditional tools are uswsusp + hibernate (s2ram/s2disk &
hibernate-ram/hibernate-disk)

s2ram was removed from Ubuntu as early as Ubuntu 710. [4]

> - pm-utils is the new suspend and powerstate setting framework. It is
> designed to replace such scripts as those provided by the powersave
> package. [1]

Ubuntu uses pm-utils as the standard suspend/resume framework as early as
Ubuntu 810. [4]

4. http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Suspend

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)