Re: -- SPAM -- Re: What is the matter with the "http://people.debian.org/~rafael/skype-amd64/"?

On 2009-07-21 02:59, James Brown wrote:
Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 06:20:04PM +0400, James Brown wrote:
It will be very interesting if anybody skilled in programming will
create an open sourse analogue programm like the skype.
There are plenty, like ekiga and such.  They have the advantage of using
open standards like SIP, h.323 and such, unlike skype which uses
a horrible p2p protocol that only skype understands.

Skype's only purpose is to get everybody locked in to their private
standard.  They are almsot as bad as microsoft that way.

I know about ekiga and such but they do not serve for all my aims.
I (and many people in my country - Russia, when existing terrible and
bloody dictatorship of tyrants Putin and Medvedev ) need to have an

<rant=political>
And for how many years did western know-it-all Blue State "intelligentsia" whine and moan about W and Cheney and Gitmo, while having *no fscking clue* as to what a real dictatorship is???
</rant>

encrypted telephony either for calling to VoiP-phones or to ordinary phones.
But in the last case ekiga and SIP are not useful and the sources of the
Putins secret political police such "SORM" can control all my outgoing
calles through ekiga and SIP.

Tunnel it thru SSL or SSH? (Would require cooperation of person on other end with compatible h/w, of course, and the FSB might wonder why you send so much encrypted data.)

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer