Re: suspend on Thinkpad R60

Daryl Styrk <darylstyrk@gmail.com> writes:

> tyler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running Squeeze on a Thinkpad R60. I use Fluxbox, and do most
>> admin tasks from the command line. Hibernate to disk works fine with
>> 'sudo hibernate'. However, I can't get suspend to ram to work.
>>

> Ended up being a pretty simple fix for my T61 running lenny.. Both
> suspend and hibernate work perfect.
>
> echo 'SUSPEND_MODULES="ehci_hcd"' > /etc/pm/config.d/01config
>
> edit
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-lenovo.fdi
>
> changing true to false in the section that contained my model number..
>
> <merge key="power_management.quirk.s3_bios" type="bool">false</merge>
>

> Lots more here..
> http://tinyurl.com/ccrpm4 & http://wiki.debian.org/Suspend

Thanks!

I continued to poke around, until I managed to freeze my X server (no
idea how). Couldn't even get to a terminal, so I had to power down. On
rebooting suspend worked fine! So I guess the changes I was making in
hibernate.conf require a reboot to take effect? That's the only thing I
can think of to explain this.

Cheers,

Tyler

--
Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely.
                                       --Edward Tufte

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/ppt2.html