Re: No internal mic on the dell XPS M1330 laptop

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it still doesn't work.

Sjoerd

Magnus Pedersen wrote:
Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
Hi,

I am unable to get the internal microphone to work on my dell XPS M1330 laptop. Has anybody succeeded in doing so? For the obvious answers: yes, I have googled, and have tried lots of different settings in "option snd_hda_intel model=..." settings in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base. The result is that I didn't get it to work. So I think I'm looking for a less obvious answer. Can anybody help me with this?

Sjoerd Hardeman

Have you tried building alsa with module-assistent? The drivers in that packages is usually newer than the kernel-ones?

/Magnus