Re: NOT wake on lid switch?

2008/8/19 Paolo <oopla@users.sf.net>:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 04:29:32PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> the lid switch is activated? The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron
>> E1505 / 6400.
>
> did it have MS-W preinstalled?

Yes

> still there & bootable on a partition?

No

>> found the machine idling with no airflow in my bag several times
>> already.
>
> if yes to above point, does this happens in MS-W as well? perhaps the
> full knobs to wakeup and such are in a MS-W -only util - if not from BIOS,
> there should be a user control to (un)set wakeup events.
> There are specific acpi kernel modules for Dell and a handful other vendors
> to tweak this stuff from Linux, try and see if you get success in loading
> such module and if something new appears in /proc/acpi (or /sys if the
> /proc interface is disabled in your kernel).

Thanks, I will start googling Dell-specific settings.

Or, maybe not. I will simply disconnect the switch. I don't want to
fiddle with it each time I upgrade my distro (every six months on
average). That's what I usually do with the pc speaker on desktop
systems anyway, as each distro wants me to blacklist the module in
it's own unique way :)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com