Re: NOT wake on lid switch?

2008/8/17 Bhasker C V <bhasker@unixindia.com>:
> All ACPI actions are present in
> /etc/acpi/events
>
> If you check the lidbtn script you can take actions on disabling it.

Thanks. I looked at the script, this is what is in it:

# /etc/acpi/events/lidbtn
# Called when the user closes or opens the lid
event=button[ /]lid
action=/etc/acpi/lid.sh

The /etc/acpi/lid.sh script is far above my skill level. Could I
simply replace /etc/acpi/events/lidbtn with a blank file, thereby
preventing the laptop from do anything when it runs? Alternatively, I
thought about simply disconnecting the switch from the motherboard (I
have already disassembled this lappy two or three times).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il