Re: Suspend and Hibernate in Etch not working on Asus L3400Tp laptop

George wrote:

Also, try Ubuntu or SUSE, both are easier to get susp...

24 months ago I got a Thinkpad-t42 and had problems with susp>disk or >ramsing Debian (also problems with wireless) so I went to SUSE which did all well. I also then tried UBUNTU which also did OK. Several months later Debian finally did same.

Last year on an IBM NetVista desktop Debian would not do any suspend. Ubuntu did susp>ram but not >disk.
Yesterday I updated Debian there and now both >ram and >disk work!

We are playing with a fluid area, gradually improving.

Currently, on desktop, UBUNTU susp>ram works without having to umount my 500MB USB-HD, but Debian requires me to do so - one more problem to solve.