Re: [Solved] T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

Le 13551ième jour après Epoch,
Florian Reitmeir écrivait:

> Hi,
>
> On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:
>
>> Le 13551ième jour après Epoch,
>> Florian Reitmeir écrivait:

>> > As always, nothing is a nice word but _not_ very useful in an error
>> >description.
>>
>> Yes, you're right :) ... I'll try to be more descriptive:
>>
>> >From a gnome session terminal, I launch "compiz --replace" or
>> "beryl-manager". Then alldecorations disapears (title, scrollers,
>> etc...), the mouse is alive, but no actions. Mouse pointer disapears
>> within the terminal window, but is present elsewhere.
>
> did you try running this command as root? or use sudo?

??? Why? This is not a "root" command.

But I've found the solution...

fglrx packages (kernel + driver) were "diverting" libGL, implying some
unresolved references (using "export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose && glxinfo"
to see that).

Purging fglrx packets solved the problem.

Many thanks