Broadcom Wireless & Etch on HP Compaq nx6325

I'm trying to get etch working on an HP Compaq nx6325. I used a
netinstall CD, and a few things still aren't working. I've been using
a guide for this particular model at http://www.puchalla-online.de/
nx6325.html.

This is a somewhat older guide because the wireless card (a Broadcom
BCM4310) is supposedly supported natively by the kernel now through
the bcm43xx module. So I'm not really looking to use ndiswrapper.

I've been using Linux for a while now, I started with SuSE and Red
Hat, and I've been administrating Debian-based servers at work for
over a year now. When I got this new laptop, I figured it would be a
good opportunity for me to learn more about Debian and the kernel in
general. Until this point, I've not delved into the kernel and its
internals.This is going to be very much a learning experience for me.

I've loaded the bcm43xx module and added it to /etc/modules. I've also
downloaded bcm43xx-fwcutter from http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/ to extract
the firmware from my desired SYS file, and I've dropped the files
into /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. I added an entry for wlan0 in /etc/
network/interfaces, but whenever I try to configure the device with
iwconfig, it says that no such device exists.

The module is loaded, and I've installed the firmware files to the
best of my knowledge; the guides on bcm43xx-fwcutter I've read just
says to put the files in the firmware directory for hotplug.  Am I
missing anything? Do I need to put anything in /etc/modprobe.d/?

Thanks in advance,

SAJ