Re: PCMCIA 80211g wireless card that works with Etch

Duncan Robertson wrote:
> Does anyone know any current PCMCIA 80211g cards that work with the
> Debian Etch kernels "out of the box", i.e. no kernel patching or
> ndiswrapper type stuff needed? - or at least will work with a bit of
> additional apt-get of drivers.

I have had good luck with the Orinoco cards.  I have also been lucky
and found Linksys WPC11 802.11b cards with the Orinoco chipset in
them.  These have always worked out of the box.  However newer Linksys
cards use a different chipset such as the WPC54G with the broadcom
chipset and is not supported.

I have an atheros chipset on an internal wifi and from a features
point of view the atheros is much better than the orinoco.  Friends
with the Intel IPW2200 seem to have the best set of features.

Bob