Re: Issues with updated Linux -- the mouse

 --- Ian Greenhoe <ihgreenman@gmail.com> wrote:

 > Jen,
 >
 > How is your mouse configured?  What type of mouse
 is
 > it -- PS/2, serial,
 > USB?  If it is USB, does unplugging it and
 plugging
 > it back in help?
 > Does your touchpad continue to work even if your
 > mouse doesn't?

 My mouse is a basic optical Microsoft USB mouse.
 Unplugging it and plugging it back in don't help at
 all.  Sometimes my touchpad still works, but not
 always.  Sometimes I can only navigate via keyboard;
 other times the whole system locks up shortly after
 the mouse stops working.

 > If you could, show us the contents of your
 > /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
 > or /etc/X11/xorg.conf files.

 See attachment.  I'm using 3.1, stable.

 > Do you know if gpm is installed?  If it is, could
 > you send us
 > your /etc/gpm.conf file?

 No, it doesn't look like it's installed.

 > Also, do you have suspend to disk or suspend to
 ram
 > configured?  If so,
 > does suspending and resuming cause your mouse to
 > come back?

 I'm not familiar with this, but I can see this as
 being very useful, even if it doesn't help my
 current
 situation.  What do I need to do?

 Thanks

 Jen