Re: Deb-Sid: last updates: BAD:pcmcia,wireless-ipw2200,ogg123

Michael Marsh <michael.a.marsh@gmail.com> writes:
> On 1/23/06, George Hein <zweistein@optonline.net> wrote:
>> If you havn't upgraded Deb-Sid (unstable) in the last two weeks, DON'T.
>>
>> If you do, backup everything before you do.
>>
>> On a ThinkPad-T42 the following fail:
>> wireless, ogg123 sound (other sound works), pccard-flash (etc?).
>
> Huh.  Wireless and ogg123 work just dandy for me with daily updates on
> a T23.

Likewise.  Wireless, presumably, is highly driver dependent; my Prism2.5
802.11b card still works. :)

The PCMCIA stuff has changed in recent kernels in a way that requires
new tools, about which you should have read in the notes for the
package, and my be the cause of your issue there.

Regards,
        Daniel