Re: debian on a sony vaio a517b

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:52:56AM -0800, Marco Milanesi wrote:
> > where is this mouse missing? console or X?
>
> both
>
> > If X you just need to add the appropriate InputDevice section to
> > xorg.conf or XF86Config-4.
> > I assume you're using xfree86-driver-synaptics for your touchpad, so
> > your configuration should be similar to mine:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> > 	Identifier	"TP Mouse"
> > 	Option		"CorePointer"
> > 	Driver  	"synaptics"
> > 	Option 	"Device"  	"/dev/psaux"
> > 	Option	"Protocol"	"auto-dev"
>
> I'm using Xorg under unstable, here is my config extracted:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         #Option         "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
>         Driver          "synaptics"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"

you need:
	Option         "CorePointer"

>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
>         Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
> EndSection
>
> [...]
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
>         #InputDevice    "Synaptics Touchpad"
         ^^^
typo or what?

> EndSection
>

> but it doesn't work.

you need to set at least one CorePointer.
If it still doesn't work please send your Xorg.0.log and the full
configuration (privately or on a web page if don't want to trash the ML)

> > that's sonypi's responsibility and you won't get them as X events
> > anyway.
> > # modprobe sonypi
> > sonypi: Sony Programmable I/O Controller Driver v1.26.
> > sonypi: detected type2 model, verbose = 0, fnkeyinit = off, camera = off, compat = off, mask = 0xffffffff, useinput = on, acpi = on
> > sonypi: enabled at irq=11, port1=0x1080, port2=0x1084
> > sonypi: device allocated minor is 63
> > input: Sony Vaio Jogdial as /class/input/input10
> > input: Sony Vaio Keys as /class/input/input11
>
> ah! so there's a /dev/sonypi that provides the events

or some /dev/input/event device, see the content of
/proc/bus/input/devices for a hint.

> > and
> > # apt-cache show rsjog
> > for an application that handles them
>
> yeah, but I don't have a scrollwheel. how for example I can make fn-f5
> call spicctrl to decrease brightness and fn-f6 to increase brightness?

don't know, I don't use it but the description says it handles vaio
keys.

--
mattia
:wq!