debian on a sony vaio a517b

hi all,

   ubuntu has recognized all the devices etc with it's mega-patched
kernel.

but I don't like very much ubuntu's focus on GNOME, so I'm trying to get
all to work under debian. (I'll write a doc when finished)

my problems actually are:

	1) wireless mouse
	2) brightness control

1)
kpanic@bestio:~$ dmesg |grep -i mouse
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-2
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: PS/2 Mouse as /class/input/input3
kpanic@bestio:~$

Touchpad is ok, but I'm wondering how to say to my vaio to use the
external mouse

2)
	brightness regulation works with spicctrl and also with sony_acpi
patches (by /proc/acpi/vaio/brightness) but I'm unable to trap the
fn-f5/fn-f6/fn-something keys with xev.

any hints? thanks :)

ciao,
Marco