Re: thinkpad freeze

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:04:12AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@fattuba.com> [2006.01.21.0929 +0100]:
> > Oops.  I spoke too soon.  Disabling acpid did not stop the freezes.
>
> Are you disabling it from within the X session? Try disabling it and
> then starting X.

I don't think my freeze is related to the acpid bug.  The entire machine
freezes, not just X.  I can't kill X or switch to another VT and the
caps-lock key in unresponsive.

I was also getting several of these errors during apt-get:

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgnet-2.0.so.0.6.1 is not an ELF file - it has the
wrong magic bytes at the start.

...so I reinstalled the packages that had the files with the wrong magic
bytes.  Could that be the cause of the freeze?  Are there some other
packages that I should reinstall?

- Ryan