Re: PCMCIA Card that supports WPA 802.11g - Exists?

Greg Cockburn:

> is there such a card that works in Linux, that supports WPA-PSK, on 802.11g?

Yes. See <http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility> for a list. I didn't
test it very much, but WPA should work with all or most of them. I have
a Proxim 8480WD myself (which is a relabeled Orinoco a/b/g Gold) and I
got WPA to work with wpa_supplicant. Currently I am using OpenVPN for
almost the same purpose.

This card is quite expensive, though. And Madwifi will probably never
make it into the Linux kernel because of legal reasons, so you have to
compile your own kernels or fiddle around with Debian's images and
-header packages.

J.
--
When driving at night I find the headlights of oncoming vehicles very
attractive.