Re: Debian repair reload drama howto?

Thanks for the replies!
Just posting an update while I try stuff and search for more help on-line as
needed.
Got the tomsrtbt floppy and booted off it (unable to create this floppy from
Windows as there is no true DOS mode anymore - why doesn't a rawrite version
exist?)
Figure I'll go in there and chroot and re lilo it. I see both those commands
are part of the tomsrtbt floppy suite - now just to figure out the actual
sequence and syntax.
- Zake

--> From: Jeff Ballard [mailto:ballard@engr.wisc.edu]
--> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:50 PM
-->
--> Most certainly the cause of this was not re-running lilo.
-->
--> Basically all you have to do is boot the thing, mount it,
--> chroot to where you
--> mounted it, and type "lilo".  Of course, given your issues with
--> getting media
--> loaded, that's going to be a tricky bit, but if you can get
--> past that you
--> certainly shouldn't need to reinstall.
-->
--> -Jeff

--> From: Uncurbed
--> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:28 PM
-->
--> From: Andrei Popescu [mailto:andreimp@rdslink.ro]
--> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:18 PM
-->
--> If you have another linux box (or a Knoppix CD) you might want
--> to try chrooting into you install and repairing it. A
--> dpkg-reconfigure kernel-image... might help. If it works and
--> you can boot again it might be that you need to repeat this to
--> rebuild the initrd, but i'm only guessing (it won't hurt anyway).
-->
--> If you need some basic pointers for the chroot i can help.
-->
--> Good luck
--> Andrei

--> From: Uncurbed
--> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:28 PM
--> Seems like the LILO bootloader is corrupt, you any Knoppix cd and fix
--> the MBR, if you don't have a CD try 'tomsrtbt' (a boot floppy
--> with Linux on)